Burglaries and thefts are known to spike during the holiday season. As a result, I’ve provided a few things to try and avoid below to help decrease crimes.
1. Leaving Valuable Visible Items In Your Car
- If it only takes a few seconds to put an item in the trunk of your car and out of sight, then it’s best to do that over leaving it visible and increasing the chances of someone breaking into your vehicle for it.
2. Going To The ATM Bank Late At Night
- Try and go to the ATM during business or high traffic hours oppose to late at night, when you might be the only person withdrawing money and more likely targeted by a criminal.
3. Stopping To Get Gas Late At Night
- You have to get our your car to pump gas and similar to withdrawing money at an ATM, nobody else might be at the gas station at that time, which can embolden a potential robber, even if they weren’t planning on trying to rob you.
We can choose our friends in life but we can’t choose family. Thus, it’s important for us to try and treat family members as we do with our friends, by loving them for their good qualities and accepting them for their imperfections.
Be Aware Of Their Shortcomings
Nobody is perfect, why as humans, we all have different strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, if you got somebody you love that’s known to not be on time hardly for anything, it’s best to not depend on that person for something like dropping you off at the airport for a schedule flight if you can help it.
Love From A Distance When Needed
Everybody that we love don’t know how to deal with personal issues they might be going through, which can impact how they treat us. Furthermore, some people we love don’t know how to provide us with words of encouragement when we open up to them and discuss things we’re dealing with.
As a result, it’s important to know when to distance ourselves from love ones when they start to impact us in a negative way consistently from where we’re trying to go in life, as we should do with friends as well.
Your current full time job, like everything else in life will never be perfect. However, there are some things that I feel are deal breakers and key signs that it’s probably time for a job change.
1. Not being Compensated Fairly
The average person you ask, including myself will tell you that they probably should be making more at their current job. Yet, when you don’t feel like you’re being compensated fairly and have brought it up to your manager, based on whatever is the average pay of your position in the job market, it’s time to look for a new job.
2. Hate Going To Work When It’s Time
It’s one thing to had a vacation and not be looking forward to your first day back at the job. However, it’s another thing when you literally hate going to work every single day. Furthermore, this can impact your performance in doing your job in a negative way as well.
3. Not Challenge Or Stretch On A Regular
If you’re not being challenge or stretch on a regular at your job that’s an indication that you’re responsibilities aren’t growing and if your responsibilities not growing through the years, it will impact your earning power in making more money at that job in a new position opening or at a new job, especially if you’ve been doing the exact same thing(s) for years.
Some women believe in their man being the only one between the two of them that works in the household. Furthermore, some guys don’t believe in their woman working as well. However, for women that do seek a man that pays all the bills I’ll like for them to be aware of the following:
1. Some men will treat you more like their child than his equal
- There are always exceptions to the rule in any situation. Yet, when it’s only one person paying the bills in a relationship that person usually will have the only and final say in any key household decisions.
2. Can give the guy control over you in the relationship
- Some men like to take care of all the bills because it gives them more control. For instance, some guys require their lady to consult with them first before taking any money out of their joint bank account(s) that might be needed, even if it was just $40 dollars.
3. Can possibly make the guy feel more incline to do whatever he desires
- Most men aren’t able to have their lady not work these days, even if he didn’t want her to. Therefore, some guys that can afford it tend to do whatever they want in the relationship and never willing to even meet their partner half way sometime, mainly because they know the lady is dependent on them and love the lifestyle that they provide so much that’s she won’t be quick to leave, even if she’s unhappy.
It’s important to try and start your day off right when you wake up, especially since how you feel when you first wake up usually will set the tone and is a good indicator on how the rest of your day will end up. As a result, I’ve listed a few things to do and the importance of them below that should help you start your day off on the right track.
1. Get Enough Restful Sleep
- Not getting your proper rest at night can contribute to you waking up in the morning feeling tired and groggy, which can negatively impact the rest of your day.
2. Practice Gratitude
- Instead of starting your day focusing on what you currently don’t have in life, take some time to appreciate what you do have, along with being mindful that things can always be worst, no matter how bad things may currently be for you, since their are some people in the world that would consider your bad day as a good day.
3. Meditate for at least 5 minutes daily
- Meditating can help you to train your mind and emotions, which can influence how you react to challenges that you may face during your day. Furthermore, it’s been proven to help reduce stress and increase happiness.
Last week I covered some key signs for a man to be aware of when a woman isn’t really interested in being in an exclusive romantic relationship with him. Therefore, I’ll be covering key red flags below for a lady to be on the lookout for this week when it comes to men.
1. Shows no initiative to plan an actual date within a week
- The average man, including myself, will want to see a woman again within a week if he has just started talking with her and find her physically attracted, unless he had a prior engagement already.
2. Consistently only text or call you first late at night
- This is a clear sign that the guy is just looking to try and come over and have sex when he consistently only randomly calls or text first late at night. Also, this shows a lack of respect by him towards the lady as well.
3. Consistently doesn’t text or call you first just to say hi
- When a guy is really interested in you he will consistently call or text you randomly sometime as well just to see how your day is going and to just check up on you like you do him. Thus, if he hardly ever initiates a conversation with you then that means he’s not that into you.
When it comes to dating everybody doesn’t recognize some key signs that someone isn’t really interested or just like them only as a friend. Therefore, I touch on some red flags for a man to be aware in this blog and I’ll cover part two for ladies next week.
1. Text you back a day or more later, if at all on a regular
We all can get busy and forget or think that we texted someone back, especially in the middle of a workday. However, if a lady consistently does this, she isn’t that interested in you and probably just texting back to be nice.
2. Only responds back to you consistently when it’s related to something she wants
This kind of relates to number one but if a lady never seem to forget to respond or be too busy to talk when it comes to her trying to get something from you, but always too busy otherwise, this is an indication that she isn’t interested and clearly trying to use you as well.
3. Never able to give you an exact date or time when she is free to go on a date
If Beyonce was single and you asked her out on a date, she could tell when she is free, even if it was three weeks later, if she was truly interested in trying to go out with you.
As a result, if you have tried to take a lady out on a date on more than one random occasion and she never gets back to you with a date or time she’s free, it’s best to cut your losses and leave her alone because she’s showing through her actions or lack there of, she doesn’t want to go out with you.
The reality in the world that we live in today is that some women just go out on dates not really interested in a guy, but for the free meal, concert, or game ticket he’s providing. Also, you got some guys that just take a lady out with no intentions of staying in contact with her after that night, no matter how great the date went.
However, for the people that do date with a purpose of potentially meeting their soulmate, here are a few signs in my opinion that indicate you probably shouldn’t be dating someone new right now.
1. Still make your Ex a priority in your life
- It’s natural to care for your ex well-being and not want anything bad to happen to them in life, even long after the breakup. However, you shouldn’t be making your ex a priority still, while trying to date someone new, especially when you consistently prioritize your ex over the new person you’re dating.
2. In a Bad Space Financially
- Most people never have their money exactly how they would like for it to be at in life. However, if spending 50 dollars on a date will be a financial burden in you potentially not having something like gas money or money for lunch the upcoming week, I recommend that you take a break from dating and focus on getting yourself in a better financial space first.
3. Not Happily Single
- When a person isn’t happily single they’re more likely to stay in a toxic relationship when they do get with someone, just to say they’re in a relationship, oppose to ending it and moving on when all the evidence shows that the other person is subtracting way more than adding in their life.
Have you ever planned on calling someone and asked the individual in advance when will it be a good time to call? If yes, you probably asked that question so when you do call the person will have your undivided attention and you will have their full attention as well.
Yet, I’ve learned through the years that everybody doesn’t have the same definition of a “Good Time To Call”. As a result, if either of the following apply, then it’s probably not a good time to tell someone to call you back.
1. Constantly having to respond to someone else in a separate conversation
This is inconsiderate to do, especially if the person asked you in advance for a good time to call and reached out to you during that time frame. Also, whether it’s true or not, this can make the person you’re on the phone with feel like you’re not really wanting to talk to them.
2. Excessive Background Noise
Nobody wants to constantly have to repeat the same thing over to one person. However, when you’re trying to have a conversation with someone over the phone at a place like a game or at a sports bar, this will usually be the case, since there is so many other people either cheering or talking in the background.
We are free to choose whatever we want to do in life, but not free from the consequences of those actions. Therefore, it’s imperative that we don’t make important decisions solely based off of how we feel at that certain time but instead factor in how it might impact us short and long term.
For example, if you don’t like your current job and it’s your single source of income that you got coming in monthly to pay for expenses and you can’t afford to miss one or two bi-weekly paychecks in a row, it’s not wise to quit that job before you’re officially offered a new job opportunity, no matter how much you currently hate it and ready for a change.
Finding a new job that you want might take longer than plan. Thus, no need to get behind on bills when this easily can be avoided by showing patience while you’re looking for something better and new for work.
Last, you possibly might end up settling for a new job that you really don’t want, but have to take because you need the money and basically end up looking for another job as soon as you start the new one because you didn’t look at things from the a big picture view and waited for the right opportunity to come along.